Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Old Contacts, New Opportunities

I've had it on my mind to call my contacts from when I went through AFCOE in CA. But I've been putting it off. Today I decided to wait no longer.

I called Carline first. She was delighted to hear my voice and was doing well. She's still going to the Roseville church and is headed to the Bible study tonight. They are studying Acts she said. She also asked if I'd talked to Ginger lately. Evidently Ginger had been going to the church for a while and would come up and say hi to Carline, but she's been missing recently. Carline hoped she was doing well.

Carline after her baptism last November with me and Ida, one of the two girls who knocked on her door with the invitation to come to the Prophecy Seminar.

So I called Ginger and Al next. Al answered and remembered me. We chatted for all of 3 min. Me doing most of the talking. But he was glad to hear from me to. I called next door to Linda and Dan's house where Al said Ginger was at the moment, but no one answered. Linda runs a day care so she might have been busy. So I left a message and my number.

Me and Ginger on our last visit to their house. All wasn't home.

Rosa and Jim were next. I wasn't sure if they'd be home since it was work hours. But Rosa answered. We talked for 30min and it was so good. She lost her job in late January. Thankfully Jim still has the job he finally found last fall after having lost his. But he's still not making as much as he used too. She looking for work again now, but said she'd been taking it easy for the last several months because of some health problems. I asked if she was feeling better now. She said yes and then opened up and told how she'd been diagnosed with depression. I was almost excited. Not that she was depressed, but because I could connect with her here and I started praying that God would give me opportunity to share how my mom had found help and healing for her depression. As she talked and told how she was feeling she expressed how she didn't want to have to take medication even though she recognized it might be necessary because of chemical imbalance in the body. I shared with her how I'd experience some mild depression, how it has plagued my family, and how my mom had struggled with it too. She shared a little more and then asked, "So how is your mom now?" There was my opportunity. I told her about how she found Dr. Nedley's program and how much it had changed our lives. I told her how other people in the program had completely turned around and even gotten off their medication. I told her that Dr. Nedley ran the health school up at Weimar and that they did the program there. She was really interested! But I knew she would have to ask what it cost. And she did. That is a big hurdle for many people. I wish it didn't have to be. Weimar is starting that 10 day depression recovery program...tomorrow. She spoke ever so slightly like she would love to go. Wondered if they would have room for another person so last minute. But the cost I think held her back more. However, she took down Nedley's website. I told her she could get a lot of helpful information there too, and hopefully they would have one of the 8 week programs in her area soon and that would be more afford able. I got her email address so I could send her one of Nedley's messages he's done about depression. She was so thankful! And I was thrilled. I pray she can go through a program soon. I pray the Roseville church would consider doing one. I believe she would come to that! She didn't come to the Prophecy Seminar even though Mary and I had been studying with her and Jim. But depression hits home. And health could indeed be the opening wedge for her.

{I wasn't able to get a picture with Rosa and Jim unfortunately.}


David came to the first night of the seminar with Melinda and again by himself on the night of the Sabbath truth. He took it really well though and said what he'd heard made a lot of sense. He never made it to any more meetings though. But he took all the lesson's he'd missed and we continued to drop of the succeeding lessons. I hope the seed grows someday. They didn't answer when I called today, so I left a message and my number.

Me with Melinda and David, our drop off Bible study.


No comments:

Post a Comment