Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23

I didn't make it out last night. But I did get a lot of loose ends and preparation finished. I think I'm going to attempt to canvass some businesses either this afternoon or tomorrow. These are hard for me, but they will multiply my time since I can start canvassing sooner in the day and then switch to houses when people are home in the evenings. Please keep this in your prayers. 


I read a pamphlet written by Ellen White at Elmshaven called "To Our Bookmen" this morning. It offered encouragement, promises , and a challenge. In one part she was relating a vision she had where a young man whom she had frequently seen in her dreams came and spoke to a group of men making plans for labor in God's work. At one point the young man said, "You are entertaining too limited ideas of the work for this time. You are trying to plan the work so that you can embrace it in your arms." I was convicted at that. I have been calculating what it will take for me to reach my goal and whether it is possible or not. "It is not faith to talk of impossibilities  Nothing is impossible with God." This is my natural tendency. I don't like the word pessimist, but I know I'm not a true optimist. So I call myself a realist. But I'm seeing that often God's workings and desires exceed reality. I want to have more faith. Please pray that I will have more faith to believe that God will do what He has promised. It is not that I don't believe He can do it, but I am afraid He won't do it. That it won't be His will. I'm not sure how much to expect from Him.


Ellen white finishes the pamphlet with these words. "To our canvassers I would say, Pray, O, pray for a deeper experience. Go forth with your hearts softened and subdued by a study of the precious truths which God has given us for this time. Drink freely of the water of salvation, that it may be in your hearts as a living spring, flowing forth to refresh souls ready to perish. God will then give wisdom to enable you to impart aright. He will make you channels for communicating His blessings. He will help you to reveal His attributes by imparting to others the wisdom and understanding that He has imparted to you." This is my desire and the promise I am claiming.

6 comments:

  1. Jenae...You're in my heart and prayers...May the Lord work through you abundantly above all that you can possibly imagine. May He give you faith to believe and strength to go forward at His bidding. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Abby! He says, "According to your faith, be it unto you." Maybe I need to take Him at His word. :) What a thought! I want to put off my doubting. He never said no to anyone who came to Him for healing or forgiveness. And He always pointed out that it was their faith in Him that enabled their petition to be granted. Hmm... I think I'm processing out loud now. :)
    I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in prayer, Jenae! I love the blog! Thanks for making it to share with us. I shared it on Facebook to bring more traffic in to visit and see your project. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cami, Thank you! You are so sweet. The blog is doing me good as I process things and recount God's blessings. Thank you so much for you prayers!! My prayers are with you too in your school mission ventures. :) *love and hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenae remember...It is a part of God's plan to grant us, in answer to the prayer of faith, that which He would not bestow did we not thus ask. ML p.15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm... true. So How much do I ask?

    ReplyDelete