It's finally official. I received my acceptance letter to AFCOE in the mail today. So now it's on to looking at plane tickets and making the first payment on tuition. There's not enough money for either yet, but He says it will come when I need it most. I guess since I'm not buying/paying either one tonight that's why I don't have it tonight. :) I'm seeing Him providing though, even if only in small ways.
I will get my books tomorrow so. Tuesday I'll try to get out to some doors. At the moment I plan to canvass for a few hours each evening when people are home. Maybe I can find somewhere to canvass during the day sometime too. I don't know. I'm just taking one step at a time. There are more houses in my area than I will able to get to, so I need wisdom on where to work. I also need to figure out an efficient way to do this. I won't have someone coming around to give me more books like usual. I can only carry so many at one time in my bag because of my back. But it will all work out 'cause He's got it under control. I'm just putting it in His hands.
Thank you for your prayers!
Until next time... :)
Hi Jenae, The Lord is doing exciting things for you. I will be praying as you press forward in faith.
ReplyDeleteAbout canvassing on your own, do you have a car? Because if you do, you can park it in the middle of a street, starting in the middle on one side, work to the T on one side, cross over and work back to the T, crossing over on the other end of the street. When you finish, you'll be at your car again and the whole time you're working, you're pretty close to your car (as opposed to parking your car at the end of a street and being 1/2 mile from it at times!)
Another thing you could do is get a rolling backpack and pack it full of books. You can leave it behind a bush in the middle of the street and come back when you need books :-)
But more than books, you'll need an extra measure of God's spirit while you work by yourself. May God send you many extra angels to guide and help you.
God Bless!
~Esther
Esther, thank you so much for your ideas and advice! Yes I will have a car so the middle of the street idea is very helpful. And I do have an old rolling back pack. :) God is good!
ReplyDeleteThank you most of all for your prayers. I know that is where my strength lies. I've never canvassed by myself before so I suppose I don't really know what I'm in for. :) I'm very thankful for the encouragement and advice of those of you who have gone before. If you have any other tips I'd love to hear them. You can find my email on the contact page.
Thanks again and many blessings to you and your mission!