Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The books are here

70 books are sitting in my living room. It was odd. I've really struggled, honestly, with this whole process. I'm nervous and out of my comfort zone. Forging on by faith. But when my books came in yesterday and I went to pick them up a little bit of excitement showed it's self in my heart. An eagerness to get out and talk to people. I know it is not from me. If anything I've been suppressing my excitement. I almost wished my acceptance letter had been a No from AFCOE. Don't get me wrong, I want to go. But everything involved in getting there is overwhelming for me. So the little flower of excitement was very encouraging. For all those praying for me out there, you can count it as an answer to prayer.

Speaking of prayer...I am going to post a prayer list on the right side of this page that I will keep updated. For today my requests would be:
an extra measure - As my friend Esther said, I need an extra measure of God's Spirit as I am doing this alone. To give me courage and perseverance. I want to do this in His strength as well. I want it to be Him that the people see and not myself.
words - I'm claiming the promise in Jeremiah 1:7-9 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
the people - I have heard of and seen the faithful Mormon missionaries out lately. Nothing against these dear people, but I'd rather not have to have competition. Just pray that I would have wisdom where to work and that the people will be open and receptive to my message regardless.
weather - we had severe thunderstorms last night which included 23 tornados in the surrounding area. Nothing but strong winds and heavy rain at our place. But we are forcast for more storms tonight and tomorrow. I'm going to move forward with going out to canvass tonight trusting that God can clear the weather enough for me to move. :) I've done my fair share in rain and wind. If it gets to bad I will take it as my answer from God and quit for the evening.
donations - Tuition deadlines are fast approaching.

To all those lifting up this project in prayer a huge thank you! You are like fuel to this "vehicle". :) May the blessing return to you many times over!

I hope to go out between 4:30-8pm tonight. That is Central time. :)

1 comment:

  1. I will be keeping your requests in my prayers! Keep me updated :)

    ReplyDelete