Friday, July 1, 2011

Counting the blessings

The weather has been exceptional. I really have not had hot weather to work in until last night. It was 99 Degrees F, but there was a nice breeze. It really wasn't bad. I haven't been rained out.

A laptop for AFCOE has been on my prayer list for a while, but with my tuition needs I figured it wouldn't be possible. I finally surrender it to the Lord and accepted whatever answer He would give. Just about this time my dad came to me with a need for help to finish a video project he's been working on. It needs to be done for ASI and the to do list is growing still. The ministry he works for offered to pay me to work on it - another way to earn my tuition. However, my 3yr old PC was not enough to do the job anymore. We would have to have a better computer for me work on. My dad knew I'd been thinking about a laptop, but the ones I was looking at were not fast enough to do video editing he needed me to do. Would I be interested in putting the money I had budgeted for a laptop towards a better one and he would make up the difference so that I could help him accomplish the job. Would I be interested?! "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..."


The first pledges and donations were given last week. It was rather humorous. I sent out emails letting people know of my project, but hadn't heard from anyone. God? I'm trusting you. I know you have ways to provide that I haven't even thought of. Then yesterday someone who I hadn't even emailed stumbled upon the blog and pledged towards the 129 book goal. They emailed my personal email address as well as the blog address. I thought I had set the blog address to forward to my personal address so I wasn't checking the blog inbox. Finally this morning I got on to check the blog email address. Lo and behold I had an inbox full of people encouraging me and saying they were praying for the project and pledging and donating! Thank you, thank you to everyone!! I'm sorry you didn't get replies sooner. :)


Gas prices have been going down around here! Yay! Just at the right time. :)


The books are staying in good condition. A really blessings especially for the GA since it gets damaged usually very easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment