Monday, July 4, 2011

100 to go

A hundred books to go. And three weeks left. Please pray that God will give me wisdom how to get the books in the homes. I knew it would be a miracle if I made the goal in the beginning, but it is getting even tighter. I haven't been able to figure out how to weave my goal into my canvass. I know ultimately God is the one who makes to works succeed. But people like to see goals reached. Even if they don't think they'll read the book maybe they would get one just to help me reach my goal. I don't know.

I'm going out today. I figure a lot of people will have the day off. And there's also a great chance for Divine appointments since people who I would normally get will be at relatives houses.

Tonight we are going to out towns 4th of July celebration/memorial for a long time resident who died just a few months ago. It will be an opportunity to show our faces, meet our neighbors, and for me to see the people I've sold books to again. We're praying this will be the beginning of an opening wedge to ultimately share truth with those in our community.

I've received 11% of what I need for AFCOE so far. That's not including the pledges though. The pledges would bump it up to 16%. Thank you! :)

Thank you for you prayers and encouragement! Have a safe and happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you!

    Remember "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible!" "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Mark 10:27 and Romans 8:28

    Keep looking to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ashley! God is faithful! But I definitely need the prayers. :) I'll keep looking...

    ReplyDelete