Friday, August 26, 2011

Just saying hi...

For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him. Isaiah 28:26

I haven't been run over yet, but sometimes I feel like I'm only a few feet ahead of the car. :) God is good though! He sends me friends, blessings, and courage just when I need it most. The homework is piled high so that's what I'll be focusing on today.
We've lost two of our classmates. One went home because he could raise the funds. Another girl went home to Korea because she was struggling with the English and didn't want to do the outreach. It's amazing how it effected us. We've only been together for 3 weeks, but we are already bonding a lot. So to see two of us go was hard. I pray no one else leaves. There's another girl from Korea that is still here and she is discouraged because of having to struggle with the English on top of the loads of homework. But I think she will stay. The staff have prayed with her and told her they will not ask anything of her that she can't do, and we've all said we will help her make it through.
Outreach starts next Thursday (Sept 1). We are working in the city of Roseville. My outreach partner is Mary Snead, a pastors wife from Texas. We are looking forward to working together. If I have time (haha) I'll try to post a picture. We have been practicing our canvass on each other a lot (as a class). It is so fun! Trying to come up with objections to throw at each other to prepare ourselves for what we'll meet out there on the streets. I have practiced on three of the teachers. Wes Peppers, our teacher for the personal evangelism class, play atheist on me. When I asked his name he replied, "Richard Dawkins." I've played as a mom, a college, student, a divorcee, and atheist. Last night I played a 92 year old lady. That was funny! The lady practicing on me did really good not laughing and treating me for real. I practiced on a AFCOE grad this morning. She was the first person who flat out refused to do my survey and "shut the door in my face." But hey, I was glad for that. My success rate has been way to good for the real world. :) I know not everyone is going to stand there and listen to me.
I don't remember if I said which track (emphasis) class I was taking. I had signed up for Lay Pastoral. We have the track classes every Monday. At the first class two people from the media track came to the Lay Pastoral track because they didn't know anything about media. Media was the last track to fill up surprisingly. So I have switched to the media track. Partially because they needed the help, and because I felt it fit me better than what was in the Lay Pastoral track. It is less homework too and I'll need all the time I can save.
I am loving it here. We have the best cafeteria food! Grapes off the vine, fresh raspberries, tons of fruit every morning. fresh tortillas with our beans and rice, and on and on... I feel spoiled. There are miles of beautiful trails. I want to got to the water tower some morning to watch the sunrise.
I was chosen as one of a group of students to give my testimony as a worship talk for the staff at the Amazing Facts office. I'll be doing that September 22.
Well so much for just saying hi. :) I better go and do homework now. Thanks everyone for all you prayers! Please pray for the Holy Spirit to be poured out on our class as we got out to talk to people next week. Pray that God leads us to the souls that are searching to know Him.
Until next time...God's richest blessings to you! Happy Sabbath! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment