Still alive. :) Busier than I thought possible. In good health. Making lots of friends.
Here's some names of our contacts and prayer requests:
Donna - in-home study, Sundays @3pm
Teresa - in-home study, Thursdays @ 6:30pm (going through a divorce, has two boys - one 7yrs and one 18months)
Don & Jennifer - in-home study Sundays @6pm starting a week form tomorrow (ex-Mormon not attending church now have one son in HS)
Kimberly - in-home study (trying to get a hold of her to set up the time. she was moving the week we met her.) (going through a divorce, had a near death experience a few years back and "saw" her grandmother)
Cassie - drop-off study Thursdays, hoping to turn it into an in-home study (3yr old twin girls, just lost mother to cancer)
Tanya - drop-off study Thursdays (interested in prophecy, hesitant, hadn't done the first lesson when we came last Thursday though)
Colin - in-home transfer to the guys, Thursdays at 6pm (works for the TV station that airs AFacts programs (very receptive)
Coriun - High school Junior, black male, interested in in-home studies (respectful and well kept, wants to go to Berkeley for college)
Donn - in-home transfer to the guys, Thursday at 3pm (funny fellow, receptive)
Michael - no Bible study, gay, well studied, hurting but doesn't realize why, Gnostic ideas, let me talk to him, accepted Cosmic Conflict DVD offer card. Praying he sends it in so we can go back. I want to invite him to the meetings and challenge him to give it a chance.
Our class, for the Holy Spirit to empower us, for discipline to get homework done, for protection from the attacks of the enemy, that we will pray together more, for protection for our contacts and that they will be drawn into the lessons, for more Bible studies, Divine appointments, and to find the seekers quickly. For the evangelistic series (it starts October 14th at the Roseville SDA church), for Eric Flickinger who will be the speaker. For the church members to own this outreach and mission and to embrace the contacts we bring.
For me, that I will make my devotions priority and will be able to focus my mind on it, for physical and mental and emotional strength. For God's help to accomplish my homework in an efficient manner. (I have had all the teachers either ask me if I'm a perfectionist or tell me I'm too hard on myself. I don't know what to do about it. But I end up running out of time for homework and then stressing out. I don't know how to calculate what my "best" is so that I don't over work myself.) That I will begin to glean the blessings God has for me here and go from surviving to thriving. That I will take my focus off of me and my weaknesses and failures and put my focus on God and others.
Thank you so much for praying! This last outreach day (we go out between 2pm-7:30pm on Sundays, 3pm-7:30pm Thursdays, and our last 1hr Bible study appointment time is 8pm) several of the teams, including mine, had all their Bible studies either cancel, not be home, or hadn't done the lesson. Tammy, our outreach coordinator suggested we need to be praying more as a class. It is hard to make yourself take extra time to get together for prayer when your swamped with assignments and classes. But time spent in prayer is not wasted.
Sorry this can't be more detailed. Many blessings to each of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment