Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The end

Well the 129 days are over. I'm home. Slept in my own bed last night. Petted my dog. Played with my little brother. Thought about how much has changed in the last four months. Wondered at the silence here in the country. (I hadn't realized how noisy CA was.)

I don't think I mentioned on here that my mother surprised me last Wednesday evening and flew in for my graduation. I had been praying that if it was His will, God would work a miracle to get my family there for grad. I wish the whole family could have come. I missed my dad and brother, but it was nice to have mom there. I've never been so surprised. My best friend had it all planned out with me in her room (not a hard thing to do seeing I visit it ever night anyway. lol) and got it all on video. I had no clue what was transpiring and was completely oblivious to everything until my mom walked through the door. It was pretty special to have her there. She blew away a thousand problems for me that weekend. Not to mention she made it possible for me to get all my stuff home. It's amazing how much you collect in four mouths at school.

The flight home was great. I had an amazing conversation with our seat mate, Jonathan. Late teens. Very respectful. Going to visit his grandma in San Antonio. I was praying the whole time that God would help me turn the conversation spiritual. It happened and I was able to use what I had just learned the four months at AFCOE. We talked about what happens when you die, hell, and the millennium. It was a beautiful experience and a direct answer to my prayers.

I would do it all over again - the 129 days. And I count that as God's biggest success with me. I haven't been able to say that after many experiences. I have changed. And by God's grace it's permanent.

I don't know where I'm going from here. I praying for God to show me which option to choose. I know I need to start my two years of ASL classes. But how and where is the question? And of course how to support that financially. But God has brought me this far, and I know he will reveal His will as long as I am open and listening.

I'll try to post updates still. But in the mean time... if you'd like another amazing adventure to follow, go to www.faithtrip.org. And keep them in your prayers.

Until next time...I thank God for each one of you who made this mission possible. Only eternity will show the far reaching results of your sacrifice and prayers. Thank you and may God richly bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord Jenae! 129 days that you won't soon forget. A year and a half later my thoughts are everyday returning to my time there, the family I gained, the new classes etc. That's so wonderful that your mom got to be there with you for graduation!

    I will keep praying for you sister as you seek God's will for the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing! I'm so glad God richly provided for your journey the past many months. He is so very good. You'll be in my prayers as you continue to seek His will and direction. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete