Sunday, July 17, 2011

Singing and more

I went to Dorothy's church in Douglas to sing this morning. I sang Blessings by Laura Story. And I broke down half way through the song. It was embarrassing. I sobbed through the whole second chorus and choked through the rest of the song. But I just couldn't hold it back. My emotions had been on edge for a while. It felt good to let it out, but I felt bad for doing it in front church even if it was a small congregation. Thankfully my mom was there and remembering the words sang from her seat while I gained enough composer to finish the song. After the service many people came up to me and told me it was ok and that they were very blessed. Dorothy hugged me and thanked me. The pastor, a lady named Lyn, thanked me too. She asked where I was going to school and what for. I had a good visit with everyone. Milton, the older gentle man who gave the hundred dollar bill, loves to sing. When I get back home from AFCOE we're going to invite people out for a sing-a-long. Milton hugged me and thanked me and I started to cry again. He just pulled me close like a grandpa and said I'd blessed him and it was ok. Another lady came up to me and said it was her 16 year old daughter that started crying before her when I was singing. They were so kind and so understanding! They want me to come back. I want to too. The pastor told me to think about helping her with the for girls only summer camp she does every year. I tell you there are ministry opportunities coming out of the woodwork!

I've bought my plane ticket.
God answered my prayer for a ride to AFCOE from Sacramento. (Thank you, Kristina!!)


Do you remember the dog that tried to attack me last Wednesday? Remember how my mom was impressed to pray for me? Well a friend called me the other day and told me she was also impressed to pray for me that night. She was out training their dogs and my name and dogs suddenly came to her mind. Neither of them had the thought that I was in danger, just to pray for me. Is that neat?!


Thank you for your prayers for this morning and for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment