Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby boys and Bible studies

The first study after AFCOE is scheduled...

I've been wanting to get some Bible studies going and a lady from church wanted to see it to so she made a deal with me to encourage it. I went out this evening to follow up on three ladies that were contacts from selling books this summer before AFCOE. I made some small round loaves of whole wheat fruit and nut bread to take along as a "Just a thought" gift and reason to stop by. Only one lady was home. But it was just the one I wanted to talk to. Susanah is a young mother probably not much older than me. When I stopped by her house last summer we had a talk and she'd mentioned how she'd like to have a Bible study group of people her age. The ladies in her church were all older and didn't have any children anymore. So I went to ask if she would like to study with me. She welcomed me in and immediately said, "I have something to show you!" Going into the living room she came back around the corner with a tiny blue bundle. "Only one week old," she said as she held him out to me. I haven't held an infant since my 4 year old niece Eve was a baby. And secretly I've been telling God I need a baby fix. :) I'd got to rock a little one year old boy to sleep when I was on a trip to MI last month. That was a lot of fun too. But this was a special treat. There is nothing like a tiny warm quiet baby. (But at this point I think I'd even take a crying one.) I told her if she ever needed a babysitter...hint hint. ;)

So anyway, Susanah enthusiastically agree to have a Bible study. I told her in there was anyone else she thought would be interested she cold invite them too. Right away she listed off three names. All young mothers. :) We start February 29th. I'm excited and nervous!

Prayers appreciated! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenae, I am so happy for you! God will indeed bless. I will be keeping this Bible study group in my thought and in my prayers. I want to hear updates!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hope and Mary! :) I will do my best to keep you updated. I'm going back out this afternoon to try to catch the other two ladies who weren't home last night.

    ReplyDelete